Friday 1 July 2011

A Summer's Picnic

(and the rest of the days eating too.)

My sister and I went over to Millet's Farm Centre today.  We had a long wander around and also took a picnic with us.  I slept late and got up only half an hour before we left so again had no breakfast, just started the day with a glass of squash.

I didn't have anything in for a sandwich (somehow I'd ended up with barely enough sandwich stuff left for half a sandwich) so I took water, raisins, and cereal and planned to buy something there.  I was very tempted by some pork pie but they looked like they were 1) a bit big and 2) would be difficult to eat with just my hands.  So I got a sausage roll and a piece of shortbread to have along with my raisins and water.  I didn't eat the cereal after all.  I treated Sophie to a sausage roll and a cupcake too.

I also got some peppers, potatoes, carrots and mushrooms in the farm shop before we left.  I didn't buy any plants although I was tempted.  I figured it was better to wait until I get my garden sorted out and actually by what I need.

We went for a wander around the out of town shopping area after we went to Millets, mostly looking for a new bed for me and getting stuff for Soph's rabbit.  We popped into the big tescos there and I got a very cheap nail varnish, a sun hat and a necklace and matching earrings as well as a few small bits of food.  I seem to have once again forgotten to buy any dairylea or similar though.

I drank my entire bottle of water (I took my refillable one which I think holds 600ml), a bit of Sophie's water and then bought a 500ml bottle in Tesco which I finished once I was home.  We were out for much longer than I thought we would be and it was hot! Plus, I did all the wheeling myself apart from a little bit up hill on gravel which S and I did between us.

When I got home I discovered that I had my period which totally explained why I was struggling emotionally yesterday.  That meant I needed to start taking my mefenamic acid and as that's with or after food (as it's an NSAID) so I had to tiny bit of sandwich chicken that was left.

I had jacket potatoes with cheese for dinner (that's one of my favourite meals) and I've had two pints of squash.  I need to go grab another drink in a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment